Comic Con Scotland is coming up fast and already has a huge array of stars to draw in the crowds to the Royal Highland Centre this October, with names such as Jean Claude Van Damme and Christopher Lloyd already being announced and now its about to get bigger.
He was a very close friend of the legendary Bruce Lee and has appeared in countless movies over the years and is perhaps best known to western audiences as Chong Li the man who went toe to toe with Jean Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport, and simply as Bolo in Enter The Dragon!
Bolo is retired from movies now, but his physical presence is all to visible and this huge hulk of a man is now in his seventies and this will mark his first appearance at Comic Con Scotland and any show in the UK!
From the Press Release!
- Bolo Yeung – Comic Con Scotland (12th-13th October Scotland) FIRST UK APPEARANCE a former student of Bruce Lee’s and a former competitive bodybuilder, martial artist and a martial arts film actor. Primarily cast as the villain in the movies in which he stars, he is best known for his performances as Bolo in Enter the Dragon (starring Bruce Lee), as Chong Li in Bloodsport (starring Jean-Claude Van Damme), Chang Lee in Bloodfight (starring Yasuaki Kurata and Simon Yam) and for his numerous appearances and long career in Hong Kong’s martial arts films. Over 50 years in the movie industry!
But that is not all, as joining the roster of stars at Comic Con Scotland this year is a man who can only be described as a living legend and one of the biggest names in pro wrestling ever!
Mark Calaway has been a pro wrestler for a long time and during that tenure has gone from being a good guy to the ultimate big bad and is loved the world over (see my article on his counterpart in the game Rumbleslam over on Gamers Web for more details) and is known to millions as the undead/dead Undertaker!
From the Press Release
- WWE Superstar The Undertaker – Mark William Calaway better known by the ring name The Undertaker.
- First introduced at 1990’s Survivor Series, The Phenom debuted as the final member of Ted DiBiase’s “Million Dollar Team.” It wasn’t long before he began to battle with Hulk Hogan, then at the top of the food chain in WWE. This clash set the tone for Undertaker’s dominant career. No one was too big and no one was safe from his gloved grip.But there was one achievement that stood out above all others that will likely never be topped. Since WrestleMania VII in 1991, Undertaker maintained a winning streak at The Show of Shows that grew over the decades to an astounding 21-0. Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Randy Orton, Kevin Nash and many more fell at The Deadman’s hand. Only Brock Lesnar proved capable of upending The Last Outlaw in his yard, snapping The Streak in an earth-shocking upset at WrestleMania 30. The Deadman rebounded the next year, though, defeating Bray Wyatt at The Show of Shows and scoring a win over Lesnar at SummerSlam 2015. He recorded his second loss on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania 33 to Roman Reigns, but returned the following year to topple John Cena at WrestleMania 34.
- In the face of all challenges, The Phenom has risen stronger and mightier than ever, serving as sports-entertainment’s grim reaper of justice — his name permanently etched like an epitaph on the history books of WWE. It seems that no grave can hold him, no god will claim him and no devil will have him. In the end, there can only be one suitable resting place for the almighty Deadman: the WWE Hall of Fame.
- A multiple WWE and World Heavyweight Champion, a six-time tag team titleholder and a Royal Rumble winner in 2007, Undertaker’s accomplishments in WWE have cemented his place among the greatest in the game. He is a true in-ring pioneer, having been part of many WWE firsts, including the first-ever Casket Match at Survivor Series 1992, the first-ever Buried Alive match in 1996 and the inaugural Hell in a Cell Match in October 1997.
- MEET AND GREET: Meet WWE Superstar The Undertaker, a once in a lifetime VIP opportunity. 30 minute meet and greet with The Deadman in an intimate group of people in a private area.
- All weekend entry, autograph, pro photo op, and selfie pictures are all included in this package. This will be the only chance you may ever have to spend half an hour with The Undertaker in person.
- He will also be taking part in a limited amount of autograph signings and photo shoots. This is The Undertaker’s only planned foreseeable UK appearance. Tickets: HERE
Tickets will be available from our websites or via Ticket Quarter: 0344 800 0410 (after the announcements have been made)
Look out for more announcements on our social media channels:-
Scotland (Comic Con Scotland)
YouTube: Monopoly Events